This week, I chat with owner & head chef at Naija Buka Seattle, a Nigerian food company based out of Kent, Washington State. Her goal is to introduce everyone to the awesomeness of Nigerian dishes. In this episode, we discuss our mutual love/like relationship with Seattle and Lilian's:
- Journey from Nigeria to Seattle
- Early cooking experiences with her grandma back home in Nigeria
- First job in the US working at Nordstrom and how she transitioned into a culinary entrepreneur
- Participation in the Food Innovation Network's Food Business Incubator and
- The various components of Naija Buka including pop up events, catering, new meal kits
Find Naija Buka Seattle online: https://naijabukaseattle.com/ Tickets to Sunday Rice Traditions event here. Interested in promoting your food product/service/event? Send details in an audio file to: yorm at essense 13 dot com. Listen to S3 E1 for guidelines on what to share in your file.
Follow Item 13 on social media: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @item13podcast Don’t forget to subscribe & leave us a review! Heritage Radio Network is a listener supported nonprofit podcast network. Support Item 13 by becoming a member!
Item 13: An African Food Podcast is Powered by Simplecast.