Week In Review with Jack Inslee & Erin Fairbanks distills 40+ weekly shows into one 25 minute digestible weekly podcast. Every episode is jam-packed with the best clips of the week, tips and insights from Jack & Erin, and an overview of what’s happening in the HRN universe and beyond. Here you’ll find a detailed guide to what’s been talked about on every episode of Week In Review so you’ll never miss a thing.
Last Great Bite
Every episode of Week In Review opens with Jack & Erin recapping the last great thing they put in their mouths, and they’ll let you in on how you can eat it too.
JACK: Fried Lemon Pasta from Melissa Clark. This simple four-ingredient dish puts a tasty spin on a few pantry staples. The fried lemon slices are what set it apart from a regular weeknight dinner. Find the recipe here.
ERIN: Pig & Khao Chef Leah Cohen’s roasted eggplant dip, a Brussel sprout and pig jowl dish, and coconut rice. Pig & Khao is doing a pop-up with Xiao Bao Biscuit, one of Charleston’s finest restaurant establishments on February 10th.
Get caught up on the highlight reel of clips from the last week of HRN’s programming.
Sharp & Hot
Hosted by Emily Peterson
With guests Sam Sifton, food writer for The New York Times. Musicians Ida Blue & Binky Griptite perform live.
Episode 49: Print v Digital (2/1/16)
Hosted by Jennifer Leuzzi
With guests, Laurie Woolever, Anthony Bourdain’s “gatekeeper” and Melissa Clark, New York Times author of the column, A Good Appetite.
What Doesn’t Kill You
Episode 179: Congressman Tim Ryan (2/1/16)
Hosted by Katy Keiffer
With guest, Congressman Tim Ryan (OH-D)
Jack & Erin talk to their own guests about their work in the food world.
This week’s guest is Cathy Erway, host of Eat Your Words. She is the author of the cookbook, The Food of Taiwan and the memoir, The Art of Eating In: How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove. She writes the blog, Not Eating Out In New York, which was based on her two years of going without restaurant food. Her weekly show on HRN explores the world of food through literature.
- Reading Recommendations
- Paw Paw: In Search of America’s Forgotten Food by Andrew Moore
- Cheddar: A Journey to the Heart of America’s Most Iconic Cheese by Gordon Edgar
- The Locavore Handbook by Lena Meredith
- Food Whore by Jessica Tom
- Delicious! A Novel by Ruth Reichl
- The Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
- Vegetarian India by Madhur Jaffrey
- The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan
- Stir-Frying and Chinese Cooking by Grace Young
Jack and Erin “big up” people, places, and things they’re totally digging right now.
Jack: MOFAD’s event pH Delicious w/ Jonny Hunter
Erin: Humboldt + Jackson‘s Valentine’s Day square pizza pie popup at Roberta’s going on February 8-4th.
Additional resources and information you’ll find in this episode
- Kitchen Witch Cookbooks in New Orleans
- New York Times’ Mississippi Roast Recipe by Sam Sifton
- “From Botanical Gardens Intern to Anthony Bourdain’s Assistant” by Laurie Woolever