Raw Wine Speakers' Corner Features Natural Wine Legends
Heritage Radio Network was proud to team up with RAW WINE’s New York Fair for the second year to bring attendees a series of panels and tastings from the Speakers' Corner. This year, half of the panels focused on Natural Wine Legends: Ernesto Cattel (Costadilà), Stefano Bellotti (Cascina degli Ulivi), Stanko Radikon (Radikon), and Lorenzo Corino.
RAW WINE is a totally independent wine fair created and organized by Isabelle Legeron MW. It celebrates wines with emotion. Wines that have a humanlike, or living, presence. They are also wines that are an authentic expression of a place. They are the polar opposite of industrialized, big-brand, manufactured, nothing-but-alcoholic-grape-juice wines, that use imagery and suggestion to sell a product.
The Speakers' Corner lineup included the following panels:
Sunday, October 27th:
- Natural Wine Legends: Celebrating the life of Ernesto Cattel, Costadilà
With Martina Celi (Costadilà), who worked alongside Ernesto for years, in conversation with Megan Krigbaum (PUNCH).
- Natural Wine Legends: Celebrating the Life of Stefano Bellotti, Cascina degli Ulivi
With Ilaria Bellotti (Cascina degli Ulivi), Stefano’s daughter, in conversation with Alessandro Trezza (Have & Meyer). A talk-tasting.
- Young, Gifted & Natural – the challenges of going solo for young natural wine makers
With Megan Bell (Margins Wine), Alex Pomerantz (Subject to Change), Chad Hardesty (Hardesty Cellars) & Cole Thomas (Madson Wines), in conversation with Chloe Sorvino (Forbes Magazine)
- Getting Under the Skin of America’s Hybrid Grapes
With Lewis Dickson (La Cruz de Comal), Deirdre Heekin (La Garagista Farm & Winery) & Ryan Stirm (Stirm Wine Company) in conversation with Alice Feiring (The Feiring Line)
Monday, October 28th:
- Natural Wine Legends: Celebrating the Life of Stanko Radikon, Radikon
With Saša Radikon (Radikon), Stanko’s son, in conversation with Sam Benrubi (Heritage Radio Network). A talk-tasting.
- Natural Wine Legends: Celebrating the work of Lorenzo Corino (including a tasting of his 1967 vintage!)
With Lorenzo Corino, in conversation with Sam Benrubi (Heritage Radio Network). A talk-tasting.
- Understanding Austria – The Home of Biodynamics
With Stephanie and Eduard Tscheppe-Eselböck (Gut Oggau), Matthias Hager & Johannes Zillinger, in conversation with Amanda Smeltz (Estela and Cafe Altro Paradiso)
- How and Why Wines in Qvevri Develop Differently To Wines Made in Other Vessels
With Iago Bitarishvili (Iago’s Winery) and Taylor Parsons (WholeCluster)
Take a listen to all eight panels here: